OFA Travel and Training Scholarships and Grants
One of OFA’s charitable missions is to help support elite fencers earn a position on US National and Olympic Fencing Teams by providing financial grants or scholarships towards travel and training expenses.
OFA has an established travel and training grant and scholarship program. Applications are accepted each calendar year from June 1st to April 1st. The Scholarship & Grant Review Committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors approves grants and scholarships at the first board meeting held after April 1st of each year.
For NCAA eligible athletes who are awarded an OFA grant or scholarship, funds will be dispersed upon receipt of appropriate competition travel receipts.
From time to time the Board of Directors may recommend additional travel and training support of an individual(s) if budget allows.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must be an OFA competitive member in good standing
- Applicants may apply in multiple years
- Demonstrate financial need basis
- Senior Level: Ranks in top 4 of the USA Senior point standings
- Junior Level: Ranks in the top 2 of the USA Junior point standings
- Cadet Level: Ranks in the top 2 of the USA Cadet point standings
- Youth Level: Ranks in the top 2 of the USA Y10, Y12 or Y14 point standings
Current point standings are defined as the USA Fencing published point standings on April 1st of each calendar year.
Download a printable OFA Scholarship - Grant Application here.