The Oregon Fencing Alliance offers introductory classes and summer camps in the Portland metro area in conjunction with several Park and Recreation Centers and schools. All equipment is provided. We ask that you wear comfortable clothing, capris, or pants (but no shorts), and athletic shoes.
The summer camps are listed below, but they are subject to change. To register, or for questions about prices, scheduling, and for general fencing questions, call OFA at 503-467-9891 or email email@example.com.
Individualized Learn to Fence Packages
If you cannot attend one of the Learn to Fence classes or camps, please contact us about our individualized Learn to Fence Packages, which start at just $135. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-467-9891 for more information.
Remember, you're never too old to learn to fence! Sherry Green learned to fence at the Oregon Fencing Alliance at age 61 and became the #1 ranked women's sabre fencer in the 60+ age group. She has made the world championship U.S. National Veteran's team multiple times. You could be next!
Learn To Fence Summer Camps
Conestoga Rec Center
9985 SW 125th Ave Beaverton, Ages 7-12 (These are four-day camps) --- THPRD $115 for in district resident; $168.75 for out of district resident. Held at Conestoga Middle School. Before and after camp care offered by Rec Center.
- June 26-29 | 9am-12:00| Class # CO18284
- July 10-13 | 9am-12:00| Class # CO18286
- July 24-27 | 9am-12:00| Class # CO18288
To register call 503-629-6313 or on line www.thprd.org
Lake Oswego Rec Center
1500 Greentree Road. Classes for ages 7-12 and 12-17 --- $114 in district resident; $132 nonresident
Before and after camp care offered by Rec Center.
- July 10-14 | 9 am-12:00| (ages 7-12) Class # 15586
- July 31- Aug 4| 9am-12:00| (ages 7-12) Class # 15587
- Aug 14-18| 9am-12:00| (ages 7-12) Class # 15588
- Aug 14-18 | 1 pm - 4 pm| (ages 12-17) Class# 15589
To register call 503-675-2549 or on line at www.lakeoswegoparks.org
Garden Home Rec Center
SW Garden Home and Oleson Rds. Ages 6-12 --- In THPRD district $159; out of district $198.75
- July 31-Aug 4 | 9am-12:00| Class# GH12215
- Aug 14-18 | 9 am - 12:00 | Class# GH12216
To register call 503-629-6341 or on line www.thprd.org
Oregon Episcopal School Summer Programs
6300 SW Nicol Rd. Before and after camp care offered and lunch provided. Cost: $240
- July 17-21 | 9 am-12:00Week 4: Fencing A for grades K-8th
- August 14-18 | 9am-12:00 Week 7: Fencing B for grades K-8th
To register call 503-768-3145 or on line at www.oes.edu
Catlin Gabel School Summer Camps
8825 SW Barnes Road. Cost is $185. Extended care is offered.
- June 26-30| 9am-12:00| Week 1: Ages 7-12
- July 17-21 | 9 am - 12:00 | Week 4: Ages 7-12
To register call 503-297-1894 or www.catlin.edu